Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Beyond Talent

John Maxwell has done it again, this time grabbing me from the very first moment I cracked the book. This book is a great reminder and gives great motivation to help us reach what we can and were meant to reach. Many times it’s just that 1 extra step, that one degree of difference that takes hot water and brings it to a boil.

To say I have enjoyed this book is an understatement. I’ve found it especially helpful at this point in my life where I’m at a bit of a crossroads in my career and I’ve found it give me great tools in fine tuning my focus to see what I should maximize on and put my efforts in.

In his book, Maxwell says,

“I’ve discovered thirteen key choices that can be made to maximize any person’s talent:

1. Belief lifts your talent.
2. Passion energizes your talent.
3. Initiative activates your talent.
4. Focus directs your talent.
5. Preparation positions your talent.
6. Practice sharpens your talent.
7. Perseverance sustains your talent.
8. Courage tests your talent.
9. Teachability expands your talent.
10. Character protects your talent.
11. Relationships influence your talent.
12. Responsibility strengthens your talent.
13. Teamwork multiplies your talent.”

This book will not be put away in my bookshelf, but will be one that I will reading and rereading and studying so I can fully grasp and apply the wonderful points he covers.

No comments:

Post a Comment